Monday, May 30, 2016

Progress!

While I'm working on my designs and schedule for the projects for my expert panel in September, I returned to a project that I really wanted to complete well before this -- and certainly before the "all couching all the time"  -- the sample for my German Brick Stitch class.

Here is a picture of the completed embroidery.

Because I made the mistake of working it all the way to the frame, the edges aren't quite neat enough, but I'll fix that once it's off the frame and I can get at the holes.  Then I'll trim the edges and do a lining.  The line where the design changes will be the bottom, and the top and bottom will be the opening at the top of the bag.  I'll attach lining pieces to the two ends then sew the lining seams (side and bottom).  The bag I'll fold wrong sides facing and fold in the side seams and over stitch - first with some linen, and then with one of the silks for a decorative edge.  That will prevent the need to turn it after stitching which can put extra stress on those seams.  The lining bag will tuck in, and then a drawstring will go in at the top.  Photos of the finishing will be a future blog.

Overall I'm happy with the piece as a teaching piece.  I would normally do all one design, but I wanted the teaching piece to have an easier and a more difficult counting design offered.

Now, on to preparing for next weekend's event, where I will be working on the Marshall hanging and enjoying time with other fiber arts folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment