Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Despite a full historic schedule....

Yesterday I posted about having a very full SCA schedule for June... and that the summer will be very full of work on a project for September... however, I am also currently working on a post 1600 item.

My current travel piece is this little bit of knitting:



It's KnitPicks' pattern Northern Lights cowl, though I've adjusted the stitch count to make tracking the rounds a little less important -- by using one stitch less it's a simple pattern of five knit, one perl.  The yarn is their Chroma in the color "Carnival."  It fills my heart with glee to see all the lovely jewel tones, and it has plenty of the "color that makes me smile."  The yellow and green stripes are wider because it is a mirror repeat.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.

My yellow alpaca wrap is waiting for the work table in my studio to be clear so it can be blocked.

Once the cowl is done I'll be casting on some fingerless mitts in the same yellow alpaca -- though I need to choose a pattern first.

I like knitting -- especially these smaller type of projects -- for my travel projects because they easily fit in my purse and can come out and a bit done any down time.

Enjoy the rest of the week folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment