Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thursday seems to come every week...

It's another Thursday.  It was actually a pretty good week, hand-work-wise.  There must be something to the whole "time line" and "check list" theory.  I set myself individual items to do, such as "finalize X design and send it for approval," "get linen prepared," "draft shirt pattern."  More specific than "work on X project" and "do a shirt." I also set up a fairly detailed timeline for all the projects for the Couching and Laid Work presentation.  One week in and I'm on target! :)

Anyway, here's this week's status of projects in progress and "on deck":

Current project list/status (SCA/Historic):
  • Motifs for coronation cloaks (different coronation) -- The embroidery on the two remaining tygers is on hold pending decisions by other people..
  • Marshall Hanging -- the very large Bayeux inspired piece that I've been working on (on and  off) for just about forever.  Deadline, June some time summer 2016.  
  • Hem stitched square -- Now 3 sides are done and the fourth one started.  I think this one has officially gone to "in stasis." 
  • Project X for C&L -- the "Convent Stitch" piece.  Can't say much about it, but I finished the design (on deadline) and sent it to the 'client' for approval.  
  • Couched cord piece for C&L -- research has been started, also on deadline.
  • Applique piece for C&L -- research has been started (actually early for the timeline, but as long as it doesn't take away from other projects, I won't begrudge anything an early start. 
  • Shirt for my husband:  Not only needed, but will also confirm my pattern for him *before* I cut into the black silk.  Pieces have been cut, neckline size has been determined, gore/sleeve pieces have been pinned together.  Next up: cut and finish the neck hole (always easier when the body piece is still one piece. 
  • Other garb waiting in the wings... I have this lovely black silk for a tunic for my husband -- one which will have plenty of stitching on it.  Also in planning are a couple more coifs -- and shifts and shirts. Hope to have something ready for us both for an event in December. 

Current project list/status (Modern)
  • Skirts for work.  One skirt that had been languishing in my studio has had some work done, and now just needs a hem (that's the one I pinned up). This hem is on my list for this weekend.  I also have some lovely blue and white fabric waiting to be the next skirt. Yes, you're right, no change here. 
  • Bay of Fundy Scarf.  Proceeding well.  This is excellent travel work -- it fits nicely in a project bag and is easy to pull out during lunch.  The first ball of yarn is about almost done and I'm happy with how it's going.  Progress pictures will be on a Tuesday coming soon.
  • Gift knitting.  I don't take on a lot of knitting for gifts, especially with my usual policy of only having one knitting project in progress at a time, but I found some lovely yarn at Rhinebeck for a scarf for a friend for an EOYHOYC* gift so that will enter rotation.  I've spent some time on Ravelry and I think I know which pattern I'm going to use.  Yarn has been wound (and a nice spot found in my studio for the swift and ball winder to live -- where they're instantly accessible, but not in the way of anything!). 
  • Knitted Salto fingerless gloves from Craftsy kit using Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend.  This was also finished and worn at Rhinebeck. I've been loving them.  These were Tuesday's blog post, and on the DONE- Modern page.  They will be off this list next week.
  • Studio project. Yes, the studio is in good shape, but I do still have that wall of desk and closets to finish organizing.  I did get the desk cleaned up and the new computer set up. The WiFi booster has also been set up, so I'm ready to work in there.  I've had a couple good sessions, and I expect more going forward.  Every time I do go in, I try to organize one more thing. 
Blog notes:
  • Still working on a three day a week pattern -- Monday for SCA/Medieval/Renaissance related; Tuesday for post 1600 to modern related and Thursdays for status updates.
  • I've begun building the "DONE" pages, and moved links around a bit.  The "main categories" are to the right now -- that's the main labels.  Click on one and see all the posts with that label.  Down below are *all* the labels I've used.  
  • I'm also considering a couple other pages -- one for links to museums and other excellent web resources, and one for a bibliography (with appropriate links).  
So, that's it for my plans for the coming weeks. 


*EOYHOYC - End of Year Holiday of Your Choice -- a designation that started out kind of tongue in cheek but has come, for me, to express that I don't care what you call it, the end of the modern calendar year is an excellent time to spend time with family -- both blood and chosen -- and that's what the end of the year holidays are all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment