Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Rule breaking ... again.

I don't have a lot to say today, but, I will share that I'm about to break my "one knitting project on the needles at a time" rule ... again.

My husband started a new job -- one which has him spending significant amounts of time in a freezer, so I'm going to start this hat for him in some lovely black wool (colors are specified).

The yellow shawl I've been working is down to the last 80 pattern rows, so it should be done before too much longer, then I get to do this cowl in the beautiful colorful yarn recently purchased from KnitPicks.

And speaking of that KnitPicks order, another item I bought was a Needle Keeper.



The Needle Keeper is a simple metal tube with a cap at one end with a slit in it.

When using, put the needles all the
way in
When using circular needles, simply slide the work down onto the cable, and stick the needles in the slit -- push them all they way down until the slit in the cap is gripping the cable, especially if you are using interchangeables, that will keep the join nice and safe

The needles stay firmly in place, and are protected from damage when your work bag is handled.  I used the small silicone bands that held the Keeper to the sales card to hold my cable needle on the tube.  I've been using it for a couple weeks and have been very happy with the results.







No comments:

Post a Comment