Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Dover Clip Art....

I can not draw.  Ok, I can draw, but not so that anyone can tell what it is that I have drawn.  Therefore, I use other sources for my embroidery designs.  I get a lot from on line, of course -- type a search in Google Images and I'm off.  I've gotten pretty good at finding the outlines in a drawing for tracing.

I also use Dover Electronic Clip Art.  There are lots available (quick search on Amazon had over 1,000 hits) -- and many of them make excellent designs for embroidery, both historically based and modern.

One huge advantage, of course, is the ease of scaling the designs.

005 Asparagus
One of my favorite is Medieval Herb, Plant and Flour Illustrations.  The book has images of each of the designs, numbered.  The CD has a separate folder for each of six different formats -- PMP, EPS, GIF, JPEG, PICT, and TIFF.  Simply leaf through the pages, select the design you like and find it on the CD in the format you prefer.

So, go to Amazon, or directly to Dover Publications and browse the Clip Art with CDs.

Happy designing!

No comments:

Post a Comment