Friday, September 25, 2015

Thu....er Friday update

Sorry for the late post, I was stitching most of the day yesterday and kind of forgot it was Thursday. There was no A&S gathering on Wednesday, but there was plenty of stitching.  Then, facing this tight deadline I took yesterday off and worked more on stitching.  By the end of next week, for good or ill, I will not be on such a crazed schedule.

Not much change in my ...

Current project list/status (SCA/Historic):
  • Medallion for a coronation mantle -- Soon, soon I will be able to unleash the post about this.
  • Motifs for coronation cloaks (different coronation) -- First one is done, second one is almost done.  I've made some compromises, but I think not ones in quality of work.  The big question is whether I can get two more done by deadline... yes, there is a contingency if not. 
  • Planning for teaching.  Also in October (boy, October's a big month for my work), I'll be teaching German Brick Stitch at a demo. Kits were not assembled yet -- but by Sunday I'll need some down from stitching time and will do it then.
  • Marshall Hanging -- the very large Bayeux inspired piece that I've been working on (on and off) for just about forever.  Deadline, June 2016. I expect there will be an update post shortly. No additional work this week.
  • Hem stitched square -- Now 3 sides are done.  Currently my travel piece.  With no deadline, and just for me just for fun, I'm ok with slow progress on this one.
  • Additional couching & laid work pieces. The June 2016 deadline is for a very special presentation to the East Kingdom embroidery guild, Keepers of Athena's Thimble.  In addition to the master work of the Marshall Hanging, I need supporting pieces in other forms of laid and couched work.  There will be posts as these are done. Some research and Pinteresting have been done.  The proposal I sent out involves this project as well as the requested item.  Two birds and all that.

Current project list/status (Modern): (oh, look, no progress here.... working on a deadline will do that).
  • Knitted Salto fingerless gloves from Craftsy kit using Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend.  I'm so close to done on this one.  It was a lovely kit, which unfortunately didn't have enough of the yarn.  I got another skein and have to wind it off and finish. 
  • Knitted vest for Joe.  Knitting is done.  Just have to do blocking, weave in the ends and sew on the buttons.  
  • Skirts for work.  One skirt that had been languishing in my studio has had some work done, and now just needs a hem.  I also have some lovely blue and white fabric waiting to be the next skirt. 
  • Alpaca stole.  Beautiful yellow alpaca yarn purchased at Rhinebeck last year has been wound.  This is my next knitting project, and should be cast on in time to be what I'm working on at this year's Rhinebeck. I'm going to be using a pattern found on Ravelry, the Bay of Fundy Scarf. I think it will be lovely in the yellow. I'm pretty sure this will be my reward for finishing the current deadline item.  
Off to pack the car.  

No comments:

Post a Comment