Thursday, October 1, 2015

Thursday again!

Last night for A&S I started putting together my exhibit (ok, ok, a Power Point) on German embroidery for a demo on Sunday.  I even managed to stay mostly out of the rabbit hole. I'm freely borrowing images from museums and other sources (all credited of course), so I won't be posting the "slide show" but I think this will become the foundation of a new class for my rotation.

Current project list/status (SCA/Historic):
  • Medallion for a coronation mantle -- Soon, soon I will be able to unleash the post about this.
  • Motifs for coronation cloaks (different coronation) -- Two were finished and have been handed off.  I *think* they will be Monday's post, but they might wait depending on if I get photos of "in situ."  I will also be doing the remaining two and plan to take the cloaks and put all four in place according to the original vision and my plan.
  • Planning for teaching.  On Sunday I'll be talking about German embroidery at a demo at the Philadelphia German Society.  I've started the slide show of photos and will be making up kits for those who want to try some hands on.  The kits will be squares of canvas and threads to do a motif in brick stitch.  This may well develop into a regular rotation class. 
  • Marshall Hanging -- the very large Bayeux inspired piece that I've been working on (on and off) for just about forever.  Deadline, June 2016. I expect there will be an update post shortly. No additional work this week.
  • Hem stitched square -- Now 3 sides are done.  Currently my travel piece.  With no deadline, and just for me just for fun, I'm ok with slow progress on this one.
  • Additional couching & laid work pieces. The June 2016 deadline is for a very special presentation to the East Kingdom embroidery guild, Keepers of Athena's Thimble.  In addition to the master work of the Marshall Hanging, I need supporting pieces in other forms of laid and couched work.  There will be posts as these are done. Some research and Pinteresting have been done.  One of the pieces has been determined in plan, but won't be presented until February so no posts.  I promise, that's the last "it's secret, no posts until given" item for a while.

Current project list/status (Modern): (oh, look, no progress here.... working on a deadline will do that).
  • Knitted Salto fingerless gloves from Craftsy kit using Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend.  I'm so close to done on this one.  It was a lovely kit, which unfortunately didn't have enough of the yarn.  I got another skein and have to wind it off and finish. 
  • Knitted vest for Joe.  Knitting is done.  Just have to do blocking, weave in the ends and sew on the buttons.  Really need to get on this so he can wear it to Rhinebeck this year.
  • Skirts for work.  One skirt that had been languishing in my studio has had some work done, and now just needs a hem.  I also have some lovely blue and white fabric waiting to be the next skirt. 
  • Alpaca stole.  Beautiful yellow alpaca yarn purchased at Rhinebeck last year has been wound.  This is my next knitting project, and should be cast on in time to be what I'm working on at this year's Rhinebeck. I'm going to be using a pattern found on Ravelry, the Bay of Fundy Scarf. I think it will be lovely in the yellow. I'm pretty sure this will be my reward for finishing the current deadline item.  

No comments:

Post a Comment