Thursday, October 15, 2015

Oh, look Thursday

Actually, since I'm off tomorrow, it's like Friday!  Anyway, here's my weekly status update:

Last night was A&S night, though I indulged myself in a modern arts week.  Finally did the weaving in of ends on a vest I made for my husband, and worked some on my Bay of Fundy scarf (the one I swatched earlier this week).  I'm definitely happy with the needle size on that.

So, here's this week's status of projects in progress and "on deck":

Current project list/status (SCA/Historic):
  • Medallion for a coronation mantle -- By all reports, and the photos I've seen it was a lovely coronation.  The medallion is blogged here.  I think it's time to make this blog's first "Page" which will host the DONE items. 
  • Motifs for coronation cloaks (different coronation) -- The two that are done were blogged about here.  I've started the outlining for the next one.  I do want to get these done sooner rather than later....
  • Marshall Hanging -- the very large Bayeux inspired piece that I've been working on (on and

    off) for just about forever.  Deadline, June some time summer 2016. I took this with me on my beach weekend, and got some good work in on the hardest spot, the top of the figure representing my husband.  This has sparked some wondering about just how the Bayeux was done -- on a slate frame that middle is just a couple inches out of easy reach. 
  • Hem stitched square -- Now 3 sides are done and the third one started.  Currently my travel piece.  With no deadline, and just for me just for fun, I'm ok with slow progress on this one.
  • Additional couching & laid work pieces. The June 2016 deadline is for a very special presentation to the East Kingdom embroidery guild, Keepers of Athena's Thimble.  In addition to the master work of the Marshall Hanging, I need supporting pieces in other forms of laid and couched work.  There will be posts as these are done. Some research and Pinteresting have been done.  One of the pieces has been determined in plan, but won't be presented until February so no posts.  I promise, that's the last "it's secret, no posts until given" item for a while.

Current project list/status (Modern): (oh, look, no progress here.... working on a deadline will do that).
  • Knitted vest for Joe.  Knitting is done.  Ends have been woven in.  Tomorrow night I'll block and add the buttons.  He will have it for Rhinebeck! Yay. 
  • Skirts for work.  One skirt that had been languishing in my studio has had some work done, and now just needs a hem.  I also have some lovely blue and white fabric waiting to be the next skirt. 
  • Bay of Fundy Scarf.  Cast on.  Hated result, swatched (see Tuesday's post), cast on again.  I've done the first repeat of the pattern and I'm much happier.  This will proceed. 
  • Knitted Salto fingerless gloves from Craftsy kit using Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend.  I'm so close to done on this one.  It was a lovely kit, which unfortunately didn't have enough of the yarn.  I got another skein and have to wind it off and finish. 
  • Studio project. Yes, the studio is in good shape, but I do still have that wall of desk and closets to finish organizing.  I want to sort/organize and inventory embroidery threads, clean out the other crafts materials, get the knitting tools organized and my new computer set up on the desk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment