Thursday, October 8, 2015

Status update

It's Thursday again.  Last night for A&S I did do a little embroidery, but also spent time on computer maintenance..... I guess that's an A&S of a sort, it certainly supports the rest :) So, that brings me to this week's status report:

Current project list/status (SCA/Historic):
  • Medallion for a coronation mantle -- Well, the coronation this is for is in two days.  Hopefully that means next Monday's post will be the one about it.
  • Motifs for coronation cloaks (different coronation) -- The two that are done were blogged about here.  I've started the outlining for the next one.  I do want to get these done sooner rather than later....
  • This past weekend was also the demo for the German Society.  (Blogged here.) Having tried do the motif I picked for teaching, and tried to teach it, I determined that I need to select a different motif before I put this in my regular teaching rotation.  But, I will do that (I have one in mind), and it will be in my rotation soon. 
  • Marshall Hanging -- the very large Bayeux inspired piece that I've been working on (on and off) for just about forever.  Deadline, June 2016. I expect there will be an update post shortly. No additional work this week.  I do plan work on it this weekend.
  • Hem stitched square -- Now 3 sides are done.  Currently my travel piece.  With no deadline, and just for me just for fun, I'm ok with slow progress on this one.
  • Additional couching & laid work pieces. The June 2016 deadline is for a very special presentation to the East Kingdom embroidery guild, Keepers of Athena's Thimble.  In addition to the master work of the Marshall Hanging, I need supporting pieces in other forms of laid and couched work.  There will be posts as these are done. Some research and Pinteresting have been done.  One of the pieces has been determined in plan, but won't be presented until February so no posts.  I promise, that's the last "it's secret, no posts until given" item for a while.

Current project list/status (Modern): (oh, look, no progress here.... working on a deadline will do that).
  • Knitted Salto fingerless gloves from Craftsy kit using Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend.  I'm so close to done on this one.  It was a lovely kit, which unfortunately didn't have enough of the yarn.  I got another skein and have to wind it off and finish. 
  • Knitted vest for Joe.  Knitting is done.  Just have to do blocking, weave in the ends and sew on the buttons.  Really need to get on this so he can wear it to Rhinebeck this year.
  • Skirts for work.  One skirt that had been languishing in my studio has had some work done, and now just needs a hem.  I also have some lovely blue and white fabric waiting to be the next skirt. 
  • Alpaca stole.  Beautiful yellow alpaca yarn purchased at Rhinebeck last year has been wound.  This is my next knitting project, and should be cast on in time to be what I'm working on at this year's Rhinebeck. I'm going to be using a pattern found on Ravelry, the Bay of Fundy Scarf. I think it will be lovely in the yellow. I'm pretty sure this will be my reward for finishing the current deadline item.  

No comments:

Post a Comment