Tuesday, October 20, 2015

New York Sheep & Wool... aka Sheepsies

It's a modern day pilgrimage.  The third full weekend of October each year, from all over the country fiber and textile lovers -- and many others -- make their way to Rhinebeck New York to the Dutchess County fairgrounds for Sheep & Wool. It's certainly a tradition among a group of my friends -- one we refer to as "Sheepsies."  We even have "our" set of benches where we meet up at certain times during the day.

It is a weekend full of fun, food, friends, adorable animals, and textiles. 

Looking through, I realize I didn't actually take photos of any of the many, many, many, many vendors of yarn.  

I did get pictures of animals, though...

This llama carefully posed until I got *just* the shot

Cloud on legs -- Paco Vicuna


Such a face
Working hard


How does s/he see?

I did well this year, being mindful of how full my cedar chest is of yarn still to be worked with.  I did score some patterns and shawl pins, though (the brass ones will be our SCA cloak pins):




And, some CDs.  For me, the experience of Sheepsies is knit up with this music -- I love the fact that the musicians clearly are having fun playing.  I remember from when I made music that there are some pieces that are just *fun.*


I did buy *some* yarn, but no pictures -- it's for a gift. 





No comments:

Post a Comment