My hope is once a week posting, on Monday evenings. Why Monday? Well, it gives me the weekend to come up with a topic, and it's something to look forward to Monday for -- and I hope it will become something to look forward to.
While talking about plans, here's my current "on deck" list of projects, some or all of which will be discussed in future posts. A number of these are for people, so my descriptions may be a little vague, and there won't be progress posts -- but a few are actually for me, and there may be progress posts.
Historic and SCA items
- The Marshall Hanging. This is the name I've given to my slowly progressing Bayeux Tapestry based piece. Slowly progressing because it is large and requires a certain level of time available to make getting out the apparatus for working on it viable. It does have a goal now, though, of late Spring 2016, so there may well be some progress posts on that.
- Medallion for a queen. No progress posts on this one with an end of summer deadline. This will be a little more portable, though not "toss in my bag and work on at lunch." level of portable.
- Motif(s) for a friend. A slightly earlier deadline, but more portable, this will probably be my work project once started.
- Fancier garb for us both. There should be a post shortly about the over gown I recently finished, and I have some actual plans for the lovely linen and silk I own, now that I can find it (see below).
- Work room for Kandy. This project is almost complete -- at least for now. Possibly next week's post will be the great unveiling. I've been re-doing my work room gradually. The new shelves are up, the furniture has been moved around. All that's left is to finish putting stuff away.
- Salto gloves -- a pair of fingerless mitts I started on vacation which have been on hold at the very end until recently. Just received the additional yarn needed to finish binding off and do the thumb on the second glove -- this will be a post pretty soon.
- Vest for Joe -- This one is done but for the blocking and putting on the buttons.
- Yellow alpaca shawl -- a knitting project that I've been looking forward to. I bought some beautiful yellow alpaca at Rhinebeck last year and am itching to get to knit it up.
- Clothing for work. Ok, this probably *won't* be blogged, but I really need to make some more skirts -- and maybe even take the info I learned on making a pattern and work on some tops, too. Hm, maybe it will be a blog post... wait and see.
There will also be some posts about pieces I've done in the time since this was an active blog, posts about research, teaching posts.... I have lots of ideas of posts, and several started in "draft" just waiting to be finished and scheduled to post. If I get way ahead, maybe I'll make it a twice a week thing -- but for now, check back Monday evenings.