Time for my weekly "keep me honest" report. More plugging away, so here's this week's status of projects in progress and "on deck"
Current project list/status (SCA/Historic):
- Couched cord piece for C&L -- research has been started. New deadline on the research and design phase is this coming Saturday. That *may* wind up being extended yet again. Good thing I "padded" my time line.
- Applique piece for C&L -- research has been started (actually early for the timeline, but as long as it doesn't take away from other projects, I won't begrudge anything an early start).
- Shirt for my husband: Not only needed, but will also confirm my pattern for him *before* I cut into the black silk. I have only the last seams and hem to do. Goal is for this to be completed this weekend.
- Class for March. I've just been asked to do a class at an embroidery event in March which will be a "more in-depth" than the usual SCA class. Topic will be German Brick Stitch. Deadline is early January to have concept piece done and photos and write up to the coordinator. My plan is to write most of the class while I make the concept piece so I can do my usual photos in progress method (without having to do the piece twice!). Designs have been chosen and materials purchased. This was the topic of Monday's "Process Post." Stitch testing is next and then it will be framed up and worked.
- Motifs for coronation cloaks (different coronation) -- The embroidery on the two remaining tygers is on hold pending decisions by other people..
Current project list/status (Modern)
So, that's it for my plans for the coming weeks.