Thursday, March 31, 2016

Thursday honesty....

I have weeks like this, weeks where I really don't feel like any embroidery or knitting or .... Of course, there's usually some research those weeks, and there was this week.  That said, here's my honesty:

Current project list/status (SCA/Historic):
  • Applique piece for C&L -- Some of the research I did was aimed at getting off the starting block for this one. 
  • Couched cord piece for C&L -- I have looked at a few design inspiration ideas for something to do on my husband's tunic for this element.
  • Class this is (mostly) done, for now.  All the mailing has gone out.  I do have some more work to do on the sample and the re-write on the handout.  
  • Marshall Hanging -- No, nothing new.    
  • Hem stitched square -- This is officially my current "work on at events" project.  At the same event last weekend I learned some more open work, and am now deciding whether to make this square an overall open work piece or do that on something different. I learned some pulled (diverted thread) work at the Embroidery Schola in February, and this piece has a nice big central area just asking for some decoration.
  • That silk tunic I did for my husband -- still need to pull that out and get the seam finishing done, and maybe plan some more embroidery for it. 
  • Other garb waiting in the wings... Also in planning are a couple more coifs -- and shifts and shirts.  
  • Research.  I've started trolling for inspirational ideas.  My Pinterest boards are overflowing with "oh, that looks cool...." I've got lots ready to write a nice meaty Tuesday post on ... but that would be a spoiler.

Current project list/status (Modern)
  • Bay of Fundy Scarf.  A few more rows have been knit on this.  I'm enjoying it again, but will be glad when it's done.  I can tell because I've been looking at patterns and even bought some yarn and a pattern for probably my next project. 
  • Clothing for work.  This may have to be moved up a bit, as one of my favorite skirts just gave its last.  Now I really need to find pink fabric I like because I cannot imagine not having something in that dark rich pink in my wardrobe.  Of course, I *could* get around to doing the hem on the black and white, that would help.  
  • Studio project. A number of things have migrated back to the studio (where, admittedly, they belong), and a few things in the studio need to come out.  I need to determine a day each month for specifically concentrating on getting everything back to where it belongs, which should help keep this room organized. This did not happen in January, or February, or even yet in March..... Maybe some of that studio time on Sunday can be devoted to this.
Future project plans: (look, a new section) AKA "In the queue"
  • Additional C&L work to do includes an underside couched piece (having been reminded of a thing I knew of one that is not metal thread).
  • Knitting plans include the newly purchased pattern and yarn for a pretty wild cowl and fingerless gloves with more of the alpaca that I'm using on the Bay of Fundy scarf.  I also got some lovely blue silk/wool blend that I'll need to find "just the right pattern" for.
Blog notes:
  • Still working on a three day a week pattern -- Monday for SCA/Medieval/Renaissance related; Tuesday for post 1600 to modern related and Thursdays for status updates.
  • I'm also considering a couple other pages -- one for links to museums and other excellent web resources, and one for a bibliography (with appropriate links).  Any requests? 
So, that's it for my plans for the coming weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment