Thursday, March 3, 2016

Another week, another Thursday

Once again, it is Thursday.  Amazing how it keeps coming up. So, here's my "keep Elizabet honest" post:

Current project list/status (SCA/Historic):
  • Applique piece for C&L -- A challenge has inspired me.  I discussed my early research and design planning on Monday.  I'm very happy with my plan.  This will be an entry for the heraldry display at Mudthaw. 
  • Couched cord piece for C&L -- I have looked at a few design inspiration ideas for something to do on my husband's tunic for this element.
  • Class for February and March.  I've done a bit more of the sample stitching for this class on German Brick Stitch.   Here is more info about the March event for those who might be interested -- at that event it will be an intensive class.  Kit registration has ended and I will have three students.  Hope I can fill 3 hours! :) If anyone attends the event and wants to sit in there will be materials for the scissor fob project available as well.  
  • Marshall Hanging -- No, nothing new.    
  • Hem stitched square -- This is officially my current "work on at events" project.  At the same event last weekend I learned some more open work, and am now deciding whether to make this square an overall open work piece or do that on something different.
  • That silk tunic I did for my husband -- still need to pull that out and get the seam finishing done, and maybe plan some more embroidery for it. 
  • Other garb waiting in the wings... Also in planning are a couple more coifs -- and shifts and shirts.  

Current project list/status (Modern)
  • Bay of Fundy Scarf.  Got a fair amount done on my trip last weekend, and it is now my companion for work again.  I usually get in early and can put in a couple rows then, and again at lunch if not embroidering. 
  • Clothing for work.  This may have to be moved up a bit, as one of my favorite skirts just gave its last.  Now I really need to find pink fabric I like because I cannot imagine not having something in that dark rich pink in my wardrobe.  Of course, I *could* get around to doing the hem on the black and white, that would help.  
  • Zipper class.  In March I'm going to be taking a class just on zippers!  Once that's done I have some patterns I want to check out.  
  • Studio project. A number of things have migrated back to the studio (where, admittedly, they belong), and a few things in the studio need to come out.  I need to determine a day each month for specifically concentrating on getting everything back to where it belongs, which should help keep this room organized. This has not happened in January, though I may be able to carve some time out this weekend.
Blog notes:
  • Still working on a three day a week pattern -- Monday for SCA/Medieval/Renaissance related; Tuesday for post 1600 to modern related and Thursdays for status updates.
  • I'm also considering a couple other pages -- one for links to museums and other excellent web resources, and one for a bibliography (with appropriate links).  Any requests? 
So, that's it for my plans for the coming weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment