Thursday, January 28, 2016

And back for a status report

Prepping for a party (which was then cancelled) and digging out too entirely too much of my time ... but here I am back with a status report.  Regular Monday and Tuesday posts should resume next week.

Current project list/status (SCA/Historic):
  • Project X for C&L -- the "Convent Stitch" piece.  Outlines are done and the figures have been filled in on one of the two motifs.  On the background now.  The client has seen and likes the piece. Moving nice and quickly.  
  • Couched cord piece for C&L -- Nothing new.
  • Applique piece for C&L -- Nothing new.
  • Class for February and March.  I've done a bit more of the sample stitching for this class on German Brick Stitch.   Here is more info about the March event for those who might be interested -- at that event it will be an intensive class.  However, I'm also teaching it twice in February as a smaller class, at this event and this event.  Picking up materials this weekend for the two shorter February classes.
  • Marshall Hanging -- No, nothing new.    
  • Hem stitched square -- This is officially my current "work on at events" project.  
  • That silk tunic I did for my husband -- still need to pull that out and get the seam finishing done, and maybe plan some more embroidery for it. 
  • Other garb waiting in the wings... Also in planning are a couple more coifs -- and shifts and shirts.  
  • Motifs for coronation cloaks (different coronation) -- I am officially taking this off the list. 

Current project list/status (Modern)
  • Bay of Fundy Scarf.  The slightly over half done scarf is patiently waiting for its time to return.  Gift knitting is done and this may get to return to rotation soon, though I'm pretty embroidery-focused right now.
  • Clothing for work.  Guess what, that hem still hasn't been done.  On the other hand, I've found a website with some patterns that have me kind of excited.  Mostly they take zippers.  Here's the thing, I have never been happy with my zipper work.  However.... 
  • Zipper class.  In March I'm going to be taking a class just on zippers!
  • Studio project. A number of things have migrated back to the studio (where, admittedly, they belong), and a few things in the studio need to come out.  I need to determine a day each month for specifically concentrating on getting everything back to where it belongs, which should help keep this room organized. This has not happened in January, though I may be able to carve some time out this weekend.
Blog notes:
  • Still working on a three day a week pattern -- Monday for SCA/Medieval/Renaissance related; Tuesday for post 1600 to modern related and Thursdays for status updates.
  • I've continued work on the "DONE" pages and will try to maintain them a little better.  
  • I'm also considering a couple other pages -- one for links to museums and other excellent web resources, and one for a bibliography (with appropriate links).  Any requests? 
So, that's it for my plans for the coming weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment