Thursday, September 10, 2015

Thursday report

Still recovering from a long weekend, we cancelled "A&S Night" last night, which is not to say that no A&S happened.  I did spend a little time working on cutting out pattern pieces for the applique I hope to be starting very very soon (just pending fabric).

I also did a little research and put forth a proposal with respect to a request I received.  

Together with those things else that I did in the last week, here is my ...

Current project list/status (SCA/Historic):
  • Medallion for a coronation mantle -- THIS IS DONE and will be the subject of an October post (after reveal).  I am overall happy with this piece.  I was tracking time -- just under 40 hours.
  • Motifs for coronation cloaks (different coronation) -- Sizes have been determined, fabric chosen and ordered and pattern pieces have begun to be cut out. This will be applique, as the best way to get four rather large motifs done in time -- and since they can be assembled without the final cloaks in hand, then applied at the end.
  • Planning for teaching.  Also in October (boy, October's a big month for my work), I'll be teaching German Brick Stitch at a demo.  I need to assemble kits and maybe frame up a piece to be working on.  This will be addressed this weekend.
  • Marshall Hanging -- the very large Bayeux inspired piece that I've been working on (on and off) for just about forever.  Deadline, June 2016. I expect there will be an update post shortly. No additional work this week.
  • Hem stitched square -- Now 3 sides are done.  Currently my travel piece.  With no deadline, and just for me just for fun, I'm ok with slow progress on this one.
  • Additional couching & laid work pieces. The June 2016 deadline is for a very special presentation to the East Kingdom embroidery guild, Keepers of Athena's Thimble.  In addition to the master work of the Marshall Hanging, I need supporting pieces in other forms of laid and couched work.  There will be posts as these are done. Some research and Pinteresting have been done.  The proposal I sent out involves this project as well as the requested item.  Two birds and all that.

Current project list/status (Modern):
  • Knitted Salto fingerless gloves from Craftsy kit using Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend.  I'm so close to done on this one.  It was a lovely kit, which unfortunately didn't have enough of the yarn.  I got another skein and have to wind it off and finish. 
  • Knitted vest for Joe.  Knitting is done.  Just have to do blocking, weave in the ends and sew on the buttons.  
  • Skirts for work.  One skirt that had been languishing in my studio has had some work done, and now just needs a hem.  I also have some lovely blue and white fabric waiting to be the next skirt. 
  • Alpaca stole.  Beautiful yellow alpaca yarn purchased at Rhinebeck last year has been wound.  This is my next knitting project, and should be cast on in time to be what I'm working on at this year's Rhinebeck. I'm going to be using a pattern found on Ravelry, the Bay of Fundy Scarf. I think it will be lovely in the yellow. 
And that's it for this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment