Monday, September 21, 2015

Some work from the past....

The post about the daisies reminded me of a pair of bugs that I embroidered for another friend's Laurel coat.

The fabric was received with bugs drawn on and thread to get started.  I stitched outside the diamond (which would ultimately be the fold/stitch line for placing them on the coat) to anchor the ground fabric to the backing/stabilizing fabric, then began stitching.


I used a variety of stitches - stem, split and reverse chain for the body and the outlines of the wings, and some needle lace for the wings. I wanted the bodies to have plenty of texture, so used different stitches and different directions.



Very short post today, because I am still madly stitching away at a project for a *very* close deadline.  It will be worth it, though, and the post after the first weekend in October should have plenty to say as a result. There may not be a post tomorrow, between that same frantic stitching and an errand to run. 

Have a thready week!

No comments:

Post a Comment