Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sheep and Wool approaches...

It's time to be planning my annual trip to the New York Sheep & Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY -- mostly known to knitters, weavers, spinners and fiber fanatics everywhere as "Rhinebeck" and to our little circle as "Sheepsies."

This will be .. hm, lost count, I think my 5th year and even though I won't be shopping for anything, don't need anything and have little spare money to spend on anything, I'm very excited.

Because it is inspiring. This will actually be my second fiber festival this year, as I was able to go to the Maryland Sheep & Wool in the spring (that is the source of my photos).

There will, of course, be animals -- sheep, goats, llamas, alpacas ... and dogs
Happy sheep

Little babies

Such a face


There will also be fiber to peruse, many stands selling yarns of many colors

And others selling finished goods

I always return home with creative juices charged up. 

If you do anything with fiber, I encourage going to a fiber festival -- even if you never buy anything, you find that there is a aura of creative energy.



4 comments:

  1. I quite agree, I attended the New Jersey Sheep and Breeder's Festival (It is to Maryland Sheep & Wool what your local Wawa is to Walmart), and came away with not much purchased, but with my creative well refilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same response to the Kentucky Sheep & Fiber a few years ago when we had the opportunity to attend. I think it would fit in two of the buildings at Rhinebeck, but the same creative spark came from it.... even with a long drive home after.

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Rhinebeck, but I do go to Maryland sheep and wool, and Fall Fiber Festival at Montpelier. Which (MD or NY) do you like better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to say which is my favorite since they have different draws for me. If I am told I can only go to one a year, I'd pick NY, probably as much because it is a specific social time for a group of friends, so I guess it gets the nod. I'd really like to go to some of the other smaller ones around the country eventually. Kentucky had its own special vibe, though much smaller.

      Delete