Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Warm hands...

Fingerless mitts will save my life.  My office is cold -- I sit on the lower level of the building, on a slab, with a poorly insulated door to the outside behind me.  I have a space heater which keeps my feet nice and warm, but my wrists and hands still get cold, particularly when I have a big dictation or other work to type.

So, I make fingerless mitts.  My newest pair are the Salto Mitts,  I purchased a kit from Craftsy which included the pattern and a hank of the Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend, I did run out of yarn just as I was binding off on the second glove, with that bind off and the thumb to go.  I sent an email to Craftsy, hoping for ideas of how to finish my project -- and they sent me a second hank.  Being a different dye lot, the color was *a little* different, but not so much as to bother me.  I plan to use the rest of the hank (most of it) to do a charity item -- a premie hat or something of the sort.

Meanwhile, here are some pictures.  No more cold hands.

 The lacy band runs up the back, but stops so the palms are solid


 They cover a goodly part of my fingers, but do not have dividers between fingers (which makes them fingerless "mitts" rather than fingerless "gloves"), so I have full range of motion

And they well cover my bothersome thumb joints.




No comments:

Post a Comment