Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Posting early, since I'll be at friends' house later.  Yeah, I could schedule it to post at 7, but this way I can put out the links I usually put out:

Time for my weekly "keep me honest" report. More plugging away, so here's this week's status of projects in progress and "on deck"

Current project list/status (SCA/Historic):
  • Project X for C&L -- the "Convent Stitch" piece.  Threads have been determined and purchased and I'm down to two possibilities for the ground fabric.  Need to do a few test stitches to decide.   
  • Couched cord piece for C&L -- research has been started.  New deadline on the research and design phase is this coming Saturday.  That *may* wind up being extended yet again.  Good thing I "padded" my time line.
  • Applique piece for C&L -- research has been started (actually early for the timeline, but as long as it doesn't take away from other projects, I won't begrudge anything an early start).
  • Shirt for my husband:  Not only needed, but will also confirm my pattern for him *before* I cut into the black silk.  I have only the last seams and hem to do.  Goal is for this to be completed this weekend.
  • Class for March.  I've just been asked to do a class at an embroidery event in March which will be a "more in-depth" than the usual SCA class.  Topic will be German Brick Stitch. Deadline is early January to have concept piece done and photos and write up to the coordinator.  My plan is to write most of the class while I make the concept piece so I can do my usual photos in progress method (without having to do the piece twice!).  Designs have been chosen and materials purchased.  This was the topic of Monday's "Process Post."  Stitch testing is next and then it will be framed up and worked. 
  • Motifs for coronation cloaks (different coronation) -- The embroidery on the two remaining tygers is on hold pending decisions by other people..
  • Marshall Hanging -- the very large Bayeux inspired piece that I've been working on (on and  off) for just about forever.  Deadline, June some time summer 2016.  
  • Hem stitched square -- Now 3 sides are done and the fourth one started.  I think this one has officially gone to "in stasis." 
  • Other garb waiting in the wings... I have this lovely black silk for a tunic for my husband -- one which will have plenty of stitching on it.  Also in planning are a couple more coifs -- and shifts and shirts. Hope to have something ready for us both for an event in December. 

Current project list/status (Modern)
  • Bay of Fundy Scarf.  Proceeding well.  This is excellent travel work -- it fits nicely in a project bag and is easy to pull out during lunch.  The first ball of yarn just keeps going, but I think it will soon actually be finished. I'm pretty sure a second ball will be all this one needs -- meaning lots of the yarn left for something(s) else.  One hank of yarn is done and is definitely 1/2 of the scarf.  This was part of Tuesday's post.  
  • Gift knitting.  I don't take on a lot of knitting for gifts, especially with my usual policy of only having one knitting project in progress at a time, but I found some lovely yarn at Rhinebeck for a scarf for a friend for an EOYHOYC* gift so that will enter rotation.  This is on the needles (also part of Tuesday's post), and is moving quickly.  I'm pretty happy with it so far.
  • Annual cross stitch.  A few years ago I started a project for the adopted daughter of friends -- I bought a lovely cross stitch chart that is made up of a number of motifs (similar to Quaker samplers).  There are just enough motifs for me to do a different one for an ornament each year for her until she reaches 21.  I even know where the chart and materials are, so that needs to get started soon. 
  • Skirts for work.  One skirt that had been languishing in my studio has had some work done, and now just needs a hem (that's the one I pinned up). This hem is on my list for this weekend.  I also have some lovely blue and white fabric waiting to be the next skirt. Yes, you're right, no change here. (Really, what is so hard about getting around to sewing up the hem, which is the *last thing* on the black and white one). 
  • Studio project. Yes, the studio is in good shape, but I do still have that wall of desk and closets to finish organizing.  I did get the desk cleaned up and the new computer set up. The WiFi booster has also been set up, so I'm ready to work in there.  I've had a couple good sessions, and I expect more going forward.  Every time I do go in, I try to organize one more thing. 
Blog notes:
  • Still working on a three day a week pattern -- Monday for SCA/Medieval/Renaissance related; Tuesday for post 1600 to modern related and Thursdays for status updates.
  • I've begun building the "DONE" pages, and moved links around a bit.  The "main categories" are to the right now -- that's the main labels.  Click on one and see all the posts with that label.  Down below are *all* the labels I've used.  
  • I'm also considering a couple other pages -- one for links to museums and other excellent web resources, and one for a bibliography (with appropriate links).  
So, that's it for my plans for the coming weeks.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of irons in the fire! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the list does include items that are kind of hibernating. My idea is that if I have them listed here each Thursday I have to think about them :)

      Delete