Thursday, August 27, 2015

Thursday round up

Last night was A&S night -- and we even had company.  A new-to-SCA, new-to-embroidery (but not to artistic endeavor) teen came over and started her own sampler of stitches. With an excellent artist's eye, her first stitches of some (un-counted) double running, herringbone and cross stitches were neat and close to even. Her herringbone was more even than some of that I have running all up and down tunic seams.

And, of course, she left before I even *thought* to take pictures...

I also got some embroidery done on the third of three motifs I'm working for a Labor Day elevation.

Because of having company/a student, I did not immerse myself in my studio looking for materials to answer a question, but I will work on that -- and maybe even develop a post from it.

All in all, a pretty good A&S night.

Current project list/status:
  • Medallion for a coronation mantle -- very close to done, though a more formal post will have to wait until after the coronation in October.  I've been keeping notes, and I think it will be a fun post, if you like a running almost daily report :) This will be my project as soon as the next one is done.
  • Motifs for a Laurel cloak -- two of three motifs are done. Deadline of August 29 may not quite be hit -- but they will be in the next person's hands by early next week. Formal post will be after labor day.
  • Motifs for coronation cloaks (different coronation) -- this has been assigned and planning has happened.  Currently waiting for materials and specific size information requested.  This is an applique project, and the pieces will be a bit larger than the other items. Again, formal post will be after the coronation, but I plan to draft the post as I work.
  • Marshall Hanging -- the very large Bayeux inspired piece that I've been working on (on and off) for just about forever.  Deadline, June 2016. I expect there will be an update post shortly. No additional work this week.
  • Hem stitched square -- about half way through the third side.  Currently my travel piece. A few more stitches have been done this week, but I've been concentrating on the ones due soonest. 
  • Additional couching & laid work pieces. The June 2016 deadline is for a very special presentation to the East Kingdom embroidery guild, Keepers of Athena's Thimble.  In addition to the master work of the Marshall Hanging, I need supporting pieces in other forms of laid and couched work.  There will be posts as these are done. Some research and Pinteresting have been done.


No comments:

Post a Comment