Thursday, August 20, 2015

A&S Status report

Well, yesterday was Wednesday, which in our home means order in and concentrate on A&S.  Except that it was also doctor appointment evening, so A&S was limited to some work on a hem stitched square I've been fiddling around with. Perhaps this evening will be A&S makeup night :)

Here are some progress shots of the hem stitch
The "wrong" side, of the stitch, which is actually the right side of the square

Next one I use a finer thread for the mitered corner, even if not for the working.
The fabric is a piece of linen I had left from making a shift, so it does not have the "even weave" that a piece from a needlework store might have.  It has been a learning experience to count the very fine threads to bundle -- and to learn to adjust the bundle if the threads warrant it.

Current project list/status:
  • Medallion for a coronation mantle -- very close to done, though a more formal post will have to wait until after the coronation in October.  I've been keeping notes, and I think it will be a fun post, if you like a running almost daily report :)
  • Motifs for a Laurel cloak -- design has been transferred, threads obtained. Deadline, August 29. Formal post will be after labor day.
  • Motifs for coronation cloaks (different coronation) -- this has been assigned and planning has happened.  Again, formal post will be after the coronation, but I plan to draft the post as I work.
  • Marshall Hanging -- the very large Bayeux inspired piece that I've been working on (on and off) for just about forever.  Deadline, June 2016. I expect there will be an update post shortly.
  • Hem stitched square -- about half way through the third side.  Currently my travel piece. 
  • Additional couching & laid work pieces. The June 2016 deadline is for a very special presentation to the East Kingdom embroidery guild, Keepers of Athena's Thimble.  In addition to the master work of the Marshall Hanging, I need supporting pieces in other forms of laid and couched work.  There will be posts as these are done. 
That's just the SCA A&S projects.  Some modern stuff (to be discussed on Tuesday posts) will occur as well, including clothing for work, knitting, and maybe even curtains for my husband's re-worked kitchen.  That new studio is going to get a work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment