Thursday, August 13, 2015

New Post day -- Thursday's A&S Report

Some time ago my husband and I decided that Wednesday evenings would be A&S night at our house.  We bring or order in dinner and devote the evening to some form of Arts & Sciences (usually something for SCA, but sometimes it is something more modern).  To "keep me honest" I'm going to try to post on Thursdays a report of my A&S night activity.

And the first week, I get to post semi A&S fail.  My current smaller project is on hold waiting for the last thread to arrive, a second smaller project hasn't arrived yet, and I did not pull out all the apparatus to work on my big piece.  Instead I pulled out the hemstitch piece I was working on before I started the current smaller project.

And promptly realized I had forgotten how to do the stitch, and the book is neatly tucked away behind a pile of items to go to yard sale.

I did spend some time on line doing research (i.e. looking at museum websites) for a number of future projects, so it wasn't a total non-A&S night, but it was not the most productive.

That, however, is what the Thursday posts will be about -- keeping me honest.

Meanwhile, here is a gratuitous shot of some old embroidery I have done. This is the cover of a book that I made.  The book is a sampler of finger loop braids (that's the source of the "fringe" in the one corner).  It is now in the possession of my laurel.

1 comment:

  1. Update, I did re-figure the stitch -- helps if you hold the fabric right. Got some done Thursday night.

    ReplyDelete