Thursday, February 18, 2016

A late Thursday post....

Today is my Friday since I have tomorrow off, so of course I forgot to do my "keeping honest" post.  Here it is:

Current project list/status (SCA/Historic):
  • Project X for C&L-- Has been revealed as pelican medallions for a friend's cloak -- the "Convent Stitch" piece.  This is DONE and was the subject of Monday's post. It will be on the DONE page probably next week since I'm working on stuff for teaching.
  • Applique piece for C&L -- A challenge has inspired me.  There will be more on this next week.
  • Couched cord piece for C&L -- I have looked at a few design inspiration ideas for something to do on my husband's tunic for this element.
  • Class for February and March.  I've done a bit more of the sample stitching for this class on German Brick Stitch.   Here is more info about the March event for those who might be interested -- at that event it will be an intensive class.  Kit registration has been extended.  I taught the smaller version last weekend, have revised the handout a little bit and am working on the materials to teach it this coming weekend.  
  • Marshall Hanging -- No, nothing new.    
  • Hem stitched square -- This is officially my current "work on at events" project.  
  • That silk tunic I did for my husband -- still need to pull that out and get the seam finishing done, and maybe plan some more embroidery for it. 
  • Other garb waiting in the wings... Also in planning are a couple more coifs -- and shifts and shirts.  

Current project list/status (Modern)
  • Bay of Fundy Scarf.  The slightly over half done scarf is patiently waiting for its time to return.  Gift knitting is done and this may get to return to rotation soon, though I'm pretty embroidery-focused right now. It will be my car companion for the upcoming trip to Massachusetts.
  • Clothing for work.  Guess what, that hem still hasn't been done.  On the other hand, I've found a website with some patterns that have me kind of excited.  Mostly they take zippers.  Here's the thing, I have never been happy with my zipper work.  However.... 
  • Zipper class.  In March I'm going to be taking a class just on zippers!
  • Studio project. A number of things have migrated back to the studio (where, admittedly, they belong), and a few things in the studio need to come out.  I need to determine a day each month for specifically concentrating on getting everything back to where it belongs, which should help keep this room organized. This has not happened in January, though I may be able to carve some time out this weekend.
Blog notes:
  • Still working on a three day a week pattern -- Monday for SCA/Medieval/Renaissance related; Tuesday for post 1600 to modern related and Thursdays for status updates.
  • I'm also considering a couple other pages -- one for links to museums and other excellent web resources, and one for a bibliography (with appropriate links).  Any requests? 
So, that's it for my plans for the coming weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment