Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Cool museum displays

Hello Tuesday.  Regular readers know that this is the day I talk about "post 1600" textiles.  I don't really have anything of my own work to share -- I'm busy with several projects, but nothing is ready to boast of.  So, I thought I'd take an electronic stroll through some photos to find something to talk about.  I found these photos from our trip in 2010 which included a visit to the Indianapolis Museum of Art.  In their textiles department, they have these mock up dresses from different eras.  They are all white with minimal decoration, showing only the lines and general construction of each gown/dress.

I was fascinated by this exhibit, and spent a long time looking at it.  I do hope they still have it up.  The fashions range from 1775 through 1968.  You can see the level of detail on the closer photo of 1905 at the bottom.  I think it's one of my favorites.  Pretty partial to 1955 too with that full skirt.  

When we were there, there were not a lot of textiles on display, but what was on display was pretty fantastic. They have a "search the collections" function on the website, too: http://collection.imamuseum.org/





No comments:

Post a Comment