Thursday, October 22, 2009

Some Knitting Thoughts

One of the many fiber crafts I enjoy is knitting.  This is kind of a surprise.  I taught myself to crochet when I was in Jr. High.  I've tried several times in the years since then to "take to" knitting, but have only recently been successful. 

But take to it I did. I got involved with the stocking project for Plymouth Plantation a couple years ago, and really enjoyed it. Haven't looked back since.  Here's a look at what I did...




I've particularly taken to socks and smallish projects.  Sometimes they're small only in the fact that the threads and needles are small, like my Sion Relic bag. It was done with silk perle and size 0000 needles.
Right now I'm working on a pair of socks for my husband -- I alternate a pair for him and a pair for me.  I'm extra lucky in that my husband likes, appreciates and wants my knitting.

How about you, do you knit? What are your favorite projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment